Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Raspberry Cream Filled Cupcakes


Made these for Easter. Yum! The recipe said to fill with the raspberry filling and frost with a vanilla or cream cheese frosting, but truth be told I LOVE the raspberry creme and needed some of it in every bite so I frosted some of them with it and those were my favorite, so you'll just have to decide for yourself. I'm also tempted to try this as a big cake with the filling between the layers and the outside frosted with a vanilla buttercream?

Cupcakes:
1 box cake mix of choice (I used white)

Raspberry Filling:
1 block cream cheese (softened)
1 to 2 cups powdered sugar
fresh or unthawed raspberries (I used about 7 or 8 oz of frozen)
1 small box vanilla pudding (just dump in the powder)
milk to thin

Frosting:
1 can frosting of choice or homemade

Directions:
Prepare and bake cupcakes of choice. Let cool. Mix above ingredients and inject cupcakes with a cake decorating tip!!! I first used the bottom of a 3/4 inch funnel to punch out a small hole of cake and then injected it with the filling. Then frost cupcakes with frosting of choice to hide injection hole. Keep refrigerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment