Monday, November 26, 2012

Balsamic Beef Sandwiches


This recipe is from my friend Corinne.  She made these sandwiches on a Girls  Weekend once and they were a huge hit.  I like to serve them with Sweet Potato Fries and a broccoli slaw.  It's also a great freezer meal. I cook it up in the crock pot, then let it sit and cool a bit before transferring to plastic bags and freeze flat.  I like to freeze my leftovers to do sandwiches another night, or make shredded beef enchilada's.  

2 1/2 - 3 pound boneless beef rump roast
1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Pepper
1 large sweet onion (I use yellow if I have no sweet on hand)
3/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
8 Sandwich buns split, ciabatta buns are great.
1/4 cup sun dried tomato spread (I mix a Tbsp or 2 with a 1/4 cup of Mayonnaise.
sliced Provolone cheese

1. Spray large skillet with cooking spray.  If roast comes in netting, do not remove.  Sprinkle beef with seasonings, and brown on all sides.

2. Spray a 5-6 qt. slow cooker with cooking spray.  Place sliced onion on bottom.  Place beef on top.  Pour dressing over the beef and onion.

3.  Cover on low setting and cook for 8-9 hours.

4.  Place beef on large cutting board and cut off netting if necessary.  Cut or shred beef.  Return beef to the crock pot, and the juices.

To Serve - Spread the Sun dried tomato mix on both sides of a toasted bun.

Place some shredded beef and onion on, using a slotted spoon.   Top with a slice of cheese.
Delicious!

1 comment: