Monday, October 4, 2010

PUMPKIN SURPRISE

Um, there is no way you'll be able to restrain yourself from having multiple servings of this dessert, so if that's not okay then you'd better just not make it in the first place. :)

2 c canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp salt
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 c sugar
3 eggs, beaten
2 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice
1 yellow cake mix
3/4 c cold butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the first 6 ingredients and pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the top. Slice cold butter and cover the dry cake evenly with butter squares. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Serve warm. Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

(I've seen this recipe before but my new "The Gathering of Friends Vol.2" cookbook by Michelle Huxtable is what convinced me to make it, and oh.boy am I glad I did!)

1 comment: