Thursday, February 25, 2010

BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS

My friend Alisha makes the best banana chocolate chip muffins. My whole family LOVES them. Especially my little man Hank who refuses to eat bread of any type. She posted this recipe on her blog but it's private and I know all of you don't know her, so I thought I'd post it here too! Seriously DIVINE! In fact, I may just have to go make some right now.

Best Ever Banana Muffins - from Alisha's kitchen

3 small ripe bananas
2 eggs
1/2 C. shortening
1 C. sugar
2 C. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 C. chocolate chips

In mixing bowl, beat eggs; add bananas and beat until smooth. Add shortening and sugar and mix well. Add flour, soda and salt and combine. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon into mini-muffin pans (greased pans, if you are not using Demarle). Fills 24 mini-muffins. Bake at 300 for 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack. Eat. Share with the little people in your life. Eat some more. Then take the rest to friends before you down the entire batch yourself. (Or throw them in the freezer, or do something, because believe me, these bite-sized babies are hard to resist.)

This recipe is a spin-off of my own, based loosely on "Grace's Banana Bread" from Favorites by Rock and Metcalf. It's a great recipe book!

No comments:

Post a Comment