Thursday, February 25, 2010

CHAD'S SALSA AND GUAC



The Sunday after my husband was called to be in the Bishopric our home teacher and his wife asked if they could make us dinner. Their little boy ended up getting sick, but they were so nice that they made us dinner anyway and dropped it off. Does it get any better than that?

The meal was mexican and the best part of it was they made fresh salsa and homemade guacamole. It was to die for. The funny thing is that I don't like tomatoes, at least not whole or a big slice of one on a sandwich, but I love them diced in anything mexican! I of course asked him for the recipes and he gave them to me reluctantly saying I wasn't going to be as impressed when I saw how simple it was, but I assured him that wouldn't be the case. I made them tonight and wanted to share in case there are any guac and salsa lovers out there.

Fresh Salsa

6-8 roma tomatoes
1 small to medium yellow onion
1 bunch green onions
1 bunch cilantro
1 jalapeno
2 packets "Concord Foods" Salsa Seasoning Mix (I found them on a rack in the produce section)
lime juice

Dice tomatoes, onion, grn onions, cilantro, and jalapeno and mix in bowl. Add lime juice to taste. Then add seasoning packets and mix again. (If you want it spicier you can get the seasoning packets in hot and add more jalapenos).

Guacamole

4-5 avacados
1 packet "Concord Foods" Guacomole Mix (again I found them in the produce section)
lime juice

Dice and mash up the avacados. Add the seasoning and 2-3 heaping spoonfuls of the above salsa and mix. Add a little lime juice to taste.

Hope you enjoy these as much as we did.

1 comment: