Thursday, February 25, 2010

CHOCOLATE DIPPED COCONUT MACAROONS


As you can see from the topics of my recent posts, my nausea is obviously doing much better. Hooray!

My sister in law made me these cookies as a belated bday gift and I LOVE them. Coconut Macaroons have always been a favorite and adding chocolate just makes them better! Mmm!

5 1/2 cups unsweetened chipped coconut
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 egg whites

dipping chocolate

Blend coconut in food processor (optional). Beat egg whites until still. Blend in remaining ingredients. Form into 1 3/4 inch balls (flatter slightly if preferred). Bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes on parchment paper or Silpat.

Melt dipping chocolate in double boiler and dip half of each cooled cookie.

(sorry for the blurry pic, but the subject has now been consumed so a retake is not an option!)

No comments:

Post a Comment