Thursday, February 25, 2010

PARMESAN CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH CREAM SAUCE

This is a tasty recipe my sister made for us last time we were together. We all loved it. It's simple and similar to lots of other chicken recipes but the sauce was new to me. Sorry for the lack of picture, when I made it last night it was all gone before I grabbed the camera. I'll add one next time I make it.

Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Cream Sauce

1 can reduced sodium chicken broth
6 Ritz Crackers, finely crushed (whatever 6 crackers, that covers like what, one chicken breast? I used one of the packages that comes inside a box)
2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese (I used more since I used more crackers)
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/3 cup Chive and Onion Cream Cheese Spread (again, if you want one drop of sauce on your chicken then this will be plenty, but if you'd actually like to see the sauce on your chicken I would double this)

Mix cracker crumbs and Parmesan cheese in bowl. Rinse chicken with cold water, shake off excess water. Dip chicken in some melted butter, egg white, or plain yogurt and then in cracker mixture turning to coat. Place in greased baking dish and bake at 350 for about 35-45 minutes or until chicken is done.

For the sauce pour 1/4 (or if your doubling 1/2) cup chicken broth and cream cheese to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly. Simmer 3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Note: this happens fast and if you let it go it gets thick and clumpy so as soon as it's all melted and slightly thick it's good to go. Serve sauce over chicken.

Also very tasty served with rice.

1 comment: