Wednesday, February 24, 2010

HOMEMADE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES & OREOS



My friend Mandy introduced me to these tasty treats. She made them for a dessert exchange with frosting in the middle and they were so cute! I made them on Christmas Eve to take to Mark's parents for dessert and filled some with peppermint ice cream and some with cookies and cream ice cream. They were sooo good! The cookies are so moist and chewy. Not to mention quick and easy. In my Christmas Eve rush I forgot to take a pic of mine so I borrowed these from Mandy so that you get the idea.

Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches & Oreo Cookies

2 Pkgs. Devils food cake mix

4 eggs

2/3 C. oil

Mix all until well combined. Scoop, or roll into balls onto a lined cookie sheet. Flatten top just slightly. Bake @ 350 for 8-10 min. The tops are supposed to crack a little while baking. Cool completely. Pipe frosting of your choice or even ice cream on one cookie and top with another. Roll sides in sprinkles if desired. ENJOY!

1 comment: