Sunday, February 28, 2010

PRETZEL JELLO SALAD

NOTE: I CHANGED A FEW THINGS ON THIS RECIPE FROM THE FIRST TIME I POSTED IT SO BE SURE TO USE THIS NEW VERSION, IT WORKS MUCH BETTER.

Okay, maybe I'm the only person who hasn't had this before but just in case I'm not I'll post it because as weird as it sounded to me at first I LOVED it. I saw this pic of it on my friend Mandi's blog and then got a recipe for it from my sister. Something about all the different flavors and textures together just make it so tasty!



Layer 1
  • 2 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
  • 3/4 cup melted butter
  • 3 Tbsp sugar
Mix together and press into bottom of 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Let cool.

Layer 2
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 8 oz Cool Whip
Cream together cream cheese and sugar then fold in Cool Whip. Spread on cooled pretzels. Make SURE to seal-don't leave any holes that Jello will leak through.

Layer 3
  • 1 large pkg Jello (strawberry or raspberry)
  • 16-18 oz frozen berries (rasp, strawb, black, blue)
Stir Jello into 1 1/2 cups boiling water and dissolve. Add 6 ice cubes (8 if berries aren't frozen). Dissolve ice cubes. Add frozen berries. Stir. Pour over the other layers. Chill in fridge until Jello is completely set.

No comments:

Post a Comment